Join Joe Borio, Celebrity Chef and Host of the YouTube Cooking Channel 'Cooking Italian with Joe' in his kitchen for simple and homemade recipes. Joe is widely known for his authentic Italian recipes and personality. While cooking during his videos, Joe shares stories, travel advice, and cooking tips. Chef Joe Borio owns his very own Organic Olive Grove Farm in Puglia, Italy where he imports his very own 'Vito and Joe's Extra Virgin Olive Oil', which is used in all of his videos and recipes.
Get this recipe:
Please Subscribe to our Official YouTube Channel:
To Purchase a bottle of Vito and Joe’s Olive Oil:
Follow us and Stay Connected!
Instagram: @cookingitalianwithjoe | @joeandvitosoliveoil
Facebook: Cooking Italian with Joe | Joe and Vito's Olive Oil
LinkedIn: Cooking Italian with Joe
www.cookingitalianwithjoe.com | #cookingitalianwithjoe
World's Best Pie Crust!
3 cups (375g) plain flour (preferably unbleached and unfortified)
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
2 stick of small cold cubed butter (220g)
1 beaten egg mixed with:
3/4 cup cold milk
How to Prepare:
1) Mix flour, sugar & salt to evenly distribute the dry ingredients.
2) put it in a food processor add cold butter cubes with the flour mix and give it a few pulses until it transforms into small pea-sized crumbs, use cold utensils if not using a food processor so the butter doesn't melt.
3) Add egg & milk mixture to the processor while pulsing a few more times until the mixture comes together or take the mixture out to the work surface & make a well with the flour crumbs mixture adding the egg & milk mixture in the well & Lightly handling the mixture, (do not knead) Incorporate all ingredients together to form a dryish dough.
4) wrap it well with cling film & refrigerate for 1 hour.
5) roll out the dough split it in half for two pie crust & roll it out bigger than the pie dish.
Fit the rolled out pie dough in the greased & floured pie dish making sure pie dough is press all around the crevices of the dish so it doesn't sink in or collapse when cooking. Cut around the edge of the pie dish and refrigerate again for 20 before egg washing it and filling it with pie filling and cooking in the oven.